Just ask Matt Damon. They just want to teach.
… I just don’t want to be there when it happens.
… a Russian woman who was declared dead after collapsing with chest pains awoke at her own funeral and promptly died of a heart attack caused by the shock of waking up at her own funeral.
Doctors had failed to spot she was actually very much alive, and Mrs
Mukhametzyanov unsuprisingly began screaming when she regained
consciousness to find she was being prematurely dispatched to the
Her husband, 51-year-old Fagili Mukhametzyanov, said: “Her eyes
fluttered and we immediately rushed her back to the hospital but she
only lived for another 12 minutes in intensive care before she died
again, this time for good.”
It was Verone’s first attempt at crime. After he held up the bank with
his note, he sat on a couch, unarmed, as the teller called 911…
Looking at these pictures, it’s hard to believe that it was 67 years ago: Before and After D-Day: In Color – Photo Gallery – LIFE
Bar code used as cover art for CD matches a different product: snopes.com: Bar Code Confusion
Note to art department: Next time pick a bar code for an item that costs more than yours.
During the 15-minute battle, [Acting Sgt. Dipprasad] Pun fired more than 400 rounds of ammunition, detonated 17 grenades and a mine and even threw his gun tripod at a Taliban fighter climbing toward his position…
…despite the presence of every popcorn fave from X-Men to Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean, there are some signs that small films – which make up three-quarters of theatrical films in any given year – just might be on track to get some sunshine of their own.
Craig Roberts in Submarine
“I went through the dictionary once or twice,” she said, “and I guess some of the words really stuck.”
… overnight, listening to classical music, Jack Kevorkian died. Of natural causes.
- Ye Olde Viral: Anderson Cooper Interviews Jack Kevorkian (thenewinklings.wordpress.com)
- Vt. man has unique view on end-of-life debate | The Associated … (washingtonexaminer.com)
- Kevorkian & The Gourmet (gingrasmariek.wordpress.com)
Syed Saleem Shahzad, a prominent Pakistani journalist and correspondent for the Hong Kong-based Asia Times Online news service, was found dead Tuesday, his body reportedly bearing signs of torture. No terrorist group has claimed responsibility, but local scribes point the finger at the country’s intelligence agencies.
- Pakistan’s Spy Agency Denies Involvement in Journalist’s Death (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Silenced Once Again (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Pakistan buries journalist who probed al-Qaida tie (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- You: US Embassy condemns murder of Saleem Shahzad (nation.com.pk)
… prospective employers view veterans as potential liabilities…
“All they see is a hospital day count, not understanding how dedicated to work the military makes you,” she says. “As soon as I walk into an interview with a cane, the interview is essentially over.”
- Veterans need jobs, better health care, leading military official says (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Veterans’ Struggle: A Recovery That’s Leaving Them Behind (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Female Veterans Struggle On the Job Hunt (foxnews.com)
Police in southern Bangladesh say a woman cut off a man’s penis during
an alleged attempt to rape her and took it to a police station…