Daily Archives: May 31, 2011
An international panel of experts says cellphones are possibly carcinogenic to humans after reviewing details from dozens of published studies.
The statement was issued in Lyon, France, on Tuesday by the International Agency for Research on Cancer after a weeklong meeting of experts.
On the other hand…
According to Cancer Research U.K., the only health danger firmly connected to cellphones is a higher risk of car accidents.
photo via wikipedia
- Why Obama agreed to unleash Predator drones on Qaddafi forces (politicore.wordpress.com)
- You: No all-out rejection of drones, admits PM (nation.com.pk)
iCloud could be the mythical iTunes streaming service, a possibility that is looking increasingly likely now that Apple has most of the major record labels signed up for it … Or it could be yet another abortion of an Internet service, like Mobile Me, iDisk and Ping before it.
- Apple’s Cloud Product Officially Official And It’s Called iCloud (crunchgear.com)
- Apple Says Jobs To Give Keynote At WWDC; Get Ready For iCloud (blogs.forbes.com)
… prospective employers view veterans as potential liabilities…
“All they see is a hospital day count, not understanding how dedicated to work the military makes you,” she says. “As soon as I walk into an interview with a cane, the interview is essentially over.”
- Veterans need jobs, better health care, leading military official says (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Veterans’ Struggle: A Recovery That’s Leaving Them Behind (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Female Veterans Struggle On the Job Hunt (foxnews.com)
Police in southern Bangladesh say a woman cut off a man’s penis during
an alleged attempt to rape her and took it to a police station…